Security Assessments & Testing
Most of today’s threats and hacks exploit software vulnerabilities in order to spread or take over systems, that is, Networks, Websites, Databases & Applications to name a few. Vulnerability Assessments, also known as Vulnerability Analysis, is a process that identifies, quantifies, and prioritises or classifies the security holes (vulnerabilities) in a computer, network or communications infrastructure. We at MyBitSecure offer Vulnerability Assessments, which enables us to scan applications and systems to identify vulnerabilities; in the end, this helps to ensure the secure configuration and implementation of information technology solutions or information systems. We offer the following Vulnerability Assessment solutions;
- We identify critical flaws in applications and systems that cyber attackers could exploit.
- We conduct vulnerability assessments for networks, applications and operating systems.
- We use manual testing techniques and methods to gain a better understanding of the environment and reduce false negatives.
- We supply hands-on training for network and systems administrators.
- We develop, test and modify custom scripts and applications for vulnerability testing.
Penetration Testing Solutions
Penetration Testing also known as Ethical Hacking is a proactive and authorised attempt to evaluate the security of an I.T infrastructure by safely attacking a computer system through attempting to exploit system vulnerabilities, including Operating Systems (O.S), service and application flaws, improper configurations, and even risky end-user behavior with the purpose of finding security weaknesses and involves potentially gaining access to it, its functionality and data. Penetration testing identifies and prioritizes security risks. Overally the benefits of Penetration Testing include; Avoiding the cost of down time, Preserving corporate image and customer loyalty, Meeting regulatory requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS Certification) and avoiding fines and last but not least, Managing vulnerabilities intelligently. We at MyBitSecure provide Penetration Testing solutions that touch on the following domains;
External & Internal Network Penetration Testing
The External or Internal Network Penetration Testing Solution MyBitSecure carries out not only revolves around identifying individual vulnerabilities, but also reveals how External or Internal networks designed to support normal business operations can provide attackers with pathways to back-end systems and data. We test External or Internal Networks to assess Operating System, systems and services vulnerabilities, once we find them, with our Client’s permission, proceed to simulate an actual attack. Some benefits of the External or Internal Network Penetration Testing Solution are;
- External Penetration Tests are carried out over internet. They involve the Wide Area Network (WAN). Main emphasises is to try and identify possible ways a hacker can attack your internal network or infrastructure from the outside world.
- Internal Penetration Tests are carried out internally. They involve the Local Area Network (LAN). Main emphasises is to try and identify possible ways a hacker can attack your internal network or infrastructure from within. Scenarios usually common against Insider Threats.
Wireless Network Penetration Testing
The Wireless Network Penetration Testing Solution MyBitSecure carries out not only revolves around identifying individual vulnerabilities, but also reveals how Wireless networks designed to support normal business operations can provide attackers with pathways to back-end systems and data. We test Wireless Networks to assess Operating System, systems and services vulnerabilities, once we find them, with our Client’s permission, proceed to simulate an actual attack. Some benefits of the Wireless Network Penetration Testing Solution are;
- Wireless Network Penetration Testing enables us to try and identify wireless network exposures using techniques including information gathering, traffic sniffing, and authentication bypassing.
Web-based Penetration Testing
The Web-based Penetration Testing Solution MyBitSecure carries out revolves around identifying weaknesses in web applications, web servers and associated databases. Some benefits of the Web-based Penetration Testing Solution are;
- We test Web Applications, Web Servers and associated databases to see if they are prone to SQL Injections, Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Sensitive Data Exposure, Cross-Site Request Forgery and Security misconfiguration to name a few.
- We try to reveal weak HTTPS Encryption.
- Try to evade the Firewall & Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
- Test for vulnerabilities in Web Services.
Application Penetration Testing
The Application Penetration Testing Solution MyBitSecure carries out revolves around identifying weaknesses in standard applications like antivirus software, embedded applications, games, and other system applications. Some benefits of the Application Penetration Testing Solution are;
- We Identify security design flaws amongst internal system applications.
- We expose weaknesses stemming from the application’s relationship to the rest of the IT infrastructure.
- Increase end-user confidence in the application’s overall security.
And more, this is by no means a conclusive list, please Contact Us for further inquiries pertaining to the Security Assessments & Testing Solutions.